Expert support to help you get the most from your degree or apprenticeship

We provide two types of support: Specialist Study Skills and Specialist Mentoring.  Both types of specialist support are designed to promote equality of access by empowering students. 

We work with students who experience significant and long-term impacts from a disability, health condition, sensory impairment, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty.

Through one-to-one meetings with a specialist support worker, we help to provide students with the opportunity to demonstrate what they know and can do.

Small picture - Mentor - grevillea-flower-australian-native

Specialist mentor

Specilaist mentor support helps students to develop strategies to manage a range of difficulties that may affect learning.

These difficulties may arise in relation to a mental health condition, autism spectrum condition, or a long-term health condition.

Your specialist support worker will help you develop strategies to address these difficulties so that you can engage with your studies more independently.

Small picture - Study skills - bookcase-books-bookshelves-159711

Specialist study skills support

Specialist study skills and strategies support helps students to address difficulties that they may have with processing and retaining information. 

These difficulties may arise in relation to a specific learning difficulty (such as dyslexia and dyspraxia), another specific cognitive difference like autistic spectrum condition. 

Your specialist support worker will focus on helping you to develop your academic skills and strategies, enabling you to become a more independent learner. 

Arranging your support is simple

If your support is funded by your university or college

Let us know where you’re studying and what course you’re on.  

We will then contact you to arrange your support.  Please look out for emails from us.

If your support is funded through DSA from your student funding body

If you have a letter of entitlement (also called a DSA2 award letter) that names Mulberry Education, please send a copy of it to us.  

It also helps if you send us a copy of your Needs Assessment Report too.  If you only have a paper copy, you can send us a scan or a clear photo of each page.

We will then contact you to arrange your support.  Please look out for emails from us.

How do I access this support?

The support Mulberry Education provides is usually funded through Disabled Student Allowances (DSA) if you are a Higher Education student, or though the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) if you are an apprentice.

If you would like to know more about whether you are eligible for DSA or ESFA funded support, it’s best to speak with your Disability Advisors at your place of study.

They will be able to tell you what sort of help is available and how you can access it.